Thursday, October 22, 2009

musical bits

my friend ben lent me a cd player when i was living in the city and i had it for a while and i remember i had two cds both of them burned. one of them was exile on main street by the rolling stones and whenever i hear the first song rocks off i think of getting on the brown line and being really excited because i had just gotten off work and sometimes if i didn't have anything to look forward to after work i would look forward to listening to that cd on the train going home. the other cd was a burned mix i made of my favorite led zeppelin songs, which was good for the mornings.

nowadays i can only listen to dancefactory 92.7 fm and two philip glass cds i burned from copies i got from the library. they're 'einstein on the beach' and 'akhnaten'. dancefactory is this techno/house station and it's really nice to listen to really quietly, it's like there is a rave next door.

i had this song stuck in my head and i was singing it as i was walking home from the train station. it's from mr rogers neighborhood, the song he sings at the end of each show.

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
And when you wake up ready to say,
'I think I'll make a snappy new day.'
It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
The feeling you know that I'll be back,
When the day is new, and I'll have more ideas for you,
And you'll have things you'll want to talk about,
I will too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Simon, I really enjoy your writing. I just wanted to let you know that as I read the Mr. Rogers song, I sang along to it aloud, alone in my room. It was quite enjoyable.